I always welcome all visitors in my Teaching Blog

Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

Week 5 experiences




The topics  for this week were:
·         Project based Learning, WebQuest ,
·         Rubrics and Alternative Assessment
·        Project Task 4 
·         Extra Credit Task - Project-based learning and WebQuests
======================= =========== ==============
·         Our usual discussion took place on "Alternative Assessment". we read the site for this http://www.nclrc.org/essentials/assessing/alternative.htm and knew that It is conducted in learner-centered classrooms because they are  based on the idea that students can evaluate their own learning and learn from the evaluation process. Assessment is based on authentic tasks that demonstrate learners' ability. Focus on communication, not on right and wrong answers Learners have opportunities to assess themselves and their peers.

·         Knew how PBL could affect student motivation and behavior in class, Students work on their own pace, in individual or group with technology. I knew to apply Project based Learning by preparing WebQuest of our own and taking help from the webquest available on http://www.webquest.org/search/index.php and http://zunal.com/zunal-help/help-about-whatiswebquest.php  We discussed on the Nicenet with our posts and comments each other.

·        After reading about rubrics on Rubistar I knew the new and most acceptable and believable tools for assessing the student's performance. Rubrics guide the teacher and award impartial marks to the students. They find out their weakness themselves and make correction.

·        shared a rubric for a lesson (my rubric on Telling story) can be found on http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php?screen=ShowRubric&module=Rubistar&rubric_id=2376389&  or on the course wiki. My view on rubrics is scientific learning and scientific evaluation.



Week 5 summing up

·        After reading the websites we were given to,I started creating post on Nicenet. My first and second both posts were about Rubric, Assessments, and PBL
·        Next I Created a Rubric or Alternative Assessment Tool
·        I have created and uploaded my rubric On our class wiki on telling a story.My rubric is for the secondary level students here in Nepal. I made this with Rubistar. I have shared my link above.
·        The next task was PROJECT STEP 4: Technology Related Change. I have posted possible technology solution  of my real class problems on nicenet. After completing the project, I will post this on my blog.
·         Next task in week 5 was to create EXTRA CREDIT Create a Webquest/Technology Enhanced Project . I created the webquest with rubrics and posted it on our class wiki.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Tika,
    It is amazing how we learn more and more every week. What most caught my attention was Rubistar. You just enter the things you want to evaluate and then the website creates the rubric automatically with the specifications you previously gave. It is super useful and easy to use!
    Also, I got very excited thinking about the technology solutions for our final project. I already started researching on programs and websites I am going to use! Thank you for sharing your experiences! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for comment Joan,
      I entirely agree that Rubistar is magical tool to prepare our rubrics. I found WebQuest another featured tool but its disadvantage is we can use it only one. Unlike Rubistar, we can't be using webQuest, If we want to use another, we have to edit the first one.
      Everything's going on right tract, let's co-operate and get advantage from this training.

      With Regards
      Tika

      Delete
  2. Hello Tika,
    I saw your rubrics I was on "Telling Story". You have created only three categories which can make our job easier to assess them. I have seen you are working so hard, keep it up.
    Yours,
    Batuk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Batuk and Tika,
    I think this week is a serious one and we are to watch and follow directions to the letter. In the previous project, I got everything done, but I didn't use the methods given to us in the plan, I tried to use something new, but it turned out I had to use everything we have learned in a lesson plan. We use all the skills that we learned throughout the week.
    Good Luck bro
    Waseem Z

    ReplyDelete